Here's how to set up your events/workshops, step by step.
In the administrator menu, you now have access to the new "Events" tab:
Three submenus are available in this tab:
- List of events - This is where you will find the list of all events with date, price, number of people registered as well as status. It is also this tab that will give you access to modify an event once it has been created.
- List of event categories - To better classify your events, you must first create your categories. Here are some examples of categories: Workshops, Competition, Refresher courses, Fundraising, etc.
- Add Event - This is the tab to create a new event and configure it as needed.
Step 1: Create your event categories
In the Events tab> List of event categories, create the event categories by clicking on the "add" button:
This step is mandatory for your events to be available to your customers. If you don't have multiple categories, you can just create one called "Events". It will be possible to add others later.
Step 2: Create the event
In the Events, tab> Add an event, enter the information relating to your event. Here are the available fields:
- Event Title - This is the name of the event that will be displayed on the purchase page and on your schedule.
- Category - You should have created your categories beforehand (see step 1). This allows you to better classify your events.
- Places available - This is the number of tickets available. Once the limit is reached, it will no longer be possible to purchase tickets
- Room - This is the room where the event will be displayed in your calendar. you can create a specific room for your events, or simply integrate it into your regular schedule.
- Instructor - Add the name of the instructor. If it is a guest and not a staff member, you must first create a profile for him in the "Staff list" tab. * Note: It would be relevant to add the instructor's photo and biography in the space provided for this purpose in the "staff list". The information will be displayed on the purchase page of the event.
yes, the biography will be displayed on the purchase page:
- Color - This is the color that will be displayed in the calendar
- Day - It is possible to select more than one day
- beginning hour
- The online purchase enabled - YES = It will be possible for the customer to make the online purchase himself / NO = Only an administrator will be able to sell the tickets
- Allowed Guests - YES = Customers who purchase a ticket will also be able to add an additional ticket for a guest, even if the guest does not have a FLiiP profile. This will create a single invoice. If you have entered a member price and a non-member price, the guest's ticket will automatically be added to the non-member price.
- Meeting URL - If your event is virtual, add your link here (eg Zoom link) and it will be sent to those registered for the event 30 minutes before the start time.
- Member Price - This is the price that will be offered to all members who purchase a ticket. Members = Customer with an active subscription.
- Price when you are not a member - This is the price that will be offered to all non-members or former members whose subscription is no longer active.
- Banner Image - This is the image that will be displayed on the purchase page.
- Location - Indicate the location of your event. For example, the address of your center.
- Ticket Description - This is the description that will be displayed at checkout:
- Description - This is the detailed description of the event that will be displayed on the purchase page:
- Event Terms and Conditions - These will be displayed on the payment page. This is the perfect place to post your cancellation, refund, etc. policies.
- Start date
- End date
Then click on "save". Once saved, the event will be found in the Events tab> Event List. You can change certain information as needed.
You will now be ready to start selling tickets! For all the information on how the client-side works (member or non-member), check out this article!
* Note: There are several automated email templates available for your events, check the "Template List" tab to review them!